I just ordered a Compact Spare Tire a few weeks ago to replace my
The compact spare is from a 2008 Infiniti EX35. It is about 1 inch larger in diameter than the Clarity full-size tire. Using it today it rides fine and has plenty of clearance in the wheel well.
Disclaimer: My Youtube vlogs may also have associated affiliate links to products that may earn from qualifying purchases.
- Honda Jack Assembly and Tools: https://amzn.to/2TtwQOn
- D-Anchors (1000 lbs): https://amzn.to/2SWOyEX
- Toggle Bolts: I used some truck heavy duty 500-1000 lb toggle bolts from another project and heavy duty washers to anchor the D-anchors down. I was not able to find the exact model.
- Ratcheting Tie Down Straps with Hooks (1,500 lb): https://amzn.to/2EKITfS
- – a. Full Size – Spare Tire: 2008 Nissan Altima 3.5 Coupe Bolt pattern : 5×114.3 with P215/55R17 tire. I had a stock set in my garage from years ago. Otherwise it would have cost about $200 for a third party 17 inch rim and budget touring tire.
- – b. Compact Spare Tire : Nissan 350Z / Infinity G35 / Infinite EX 35 compact spare The compact spares from Infinity G35 or Nissan 350Z will clear the large brakes on the Clarity. If you google the forums others have went this path. Used on Ebay would have been about $100 to $150. I already have a set of tires and rims and just used what i had. NOTE: The compact spare from my 2007 Accord and 2008 Civic were too small to fit the large Clarity brakes. I will be creating more vlogs and blogs about my experience with I prep and go on road trips with her. RoadTripping with Claire!
I hope you found this blog helpful. Please like and subscribe to the SterlingW youtube channel for more Honda Clarity DIY and Road Tripping with Claire stories. You can also follow my adventures on Instagram: Sterling.wong
This is how i do it for entertainment, do so at your own risk or bring it to repair or professional. Thanks for watching.
Due to factors beyond the control of Sterlingwong, I cannot guarantee against improper use or unauthorized modifications of this information. This information is for entertainment only. Sterlingwong assumes no liability for property damage or injury incurred as a result of any of the information contained in this video. Use this information at your own risk. Sterlingwong recommends safe practices when working with electronics, vehicles, and or with tools seen or implied in this video. Due to factors beyond the control of Sterlingwong, no information contained in this video shall create any expressed or implied warranty or guarantee of any particular result. Any injury, damage, or loss that may result from improper use of these tools, equipment, or from the information contained in this video is the sole responsibility of the user and not Sterlingwong.
Thank you for visiting and supporting SterlingW Youtube Channel!
I enjoy providing interesting lifestyle, cars, how to, food, and shopping blog and vlogs!
My Youtube vlogs may have associated affiliate links to products that I may earn from qualifying purchases.
Or as Amazon puts it: “As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.” This helps support my channel and content creation.
Thank you for your support!
Join me on Youtube: https://youtu.be/TFuoiaWgvc4