DIY 2016 -2019 Chevy Volt – 12 Volt AGM Battery Replacement!
This is what i do for entertainment and your viewing entertainment! Some of the stuff are entertaining, while some are just plain silly. If you do anything with your own property or car, you do so at your own risk. Better yet, to take it to an automotive professional. Btw, my Youtube vlogs and reviews may also have associated affiliate links to products that may earn from qualifying purchases.
Chevy Volt Vlog: Now with 68,400 miles and 3.5 years of ownership. My 2017 Chevy Volt Runs great! The original 12 volt AGM battery still works fine and should be good for 5 to 6 years. I normally change out my other car’s normal lead acid cell 12 volts every 4 years or so.
The 2017 Chevy Volt Original AC Delco AGM Part Number: 47P7YR
My new 12 Volt AGM battery online: Champion H5-600CHAGM
Similar 12 Volt AGM H5 / Group 47 Batteries: https://amzn.to/2LHrFGt
Tools you will need:
- Blade Screw Driver ( to unclip battery bus and trunk plastic push fasteners )
- 10 mm socket wrench (for battery posts nuts, and battery shrould)
- 12 or 13 mm socket wrench with extensions ( for battery tie down )
- Time: about 20-30 mins
- Buy a new battery.
- Turn off Chevy Volt.
- Leave drivers door open and hatch back open – with no power you cant unlock the doors.
- Remove trunk contents and cover.
- Remove 3 fasteners of the Foam Trunk structure, then remove trunk foam.
- Remove 2x 10 mm nuts for the battery shroud driver side, the third plastic nut is on the passenger side.
- Disconnect the NEG battery post (10 mm nut)
- Remove Fuse Bus cover by two push clips on front and back of the battery
- Disconnect POS Battery post (10 mm nut)
- Unclip fus bus assembly clipped to the battery (its on the front and back of the plastic bus assembly.
- Remove battery exhaust tube connection
12 Untie battery from mount (13mm bolt on battery tie)
- Replace battery with new battery, use new battery exhaust plug on drivers side. Replace exhaust tube on passenger side of the battery.
- Replace fus bus.
- Replace battery tie down and secure battery.
- Secure POS nut
- Secure NEG nut
18 Replace bus cover
20 Replace and secure battery shrould
- Replace and secure foam structure
- Replace trunk floor.
- Turn on car and road test.
Thank you for visiting and supporting SterlingW Youtube Channel!
Thanks for watching! Like, Subscribe, Leave a comment, and click the Bell button!
Join me on Youtube: https://youtu.be/TFuoiaWgvc4
Twitter: https://twitter.com/sterlingwong8 ( @sterlingwong8 )
This is what i do for entertainment and your viewing entertainment! Some of the stuff are entertaining, while some are just plain silly. If you do anything with your own property, you do so at your own risk.
Due to factors beyond the control of Sterlingwong, I cannot guarantee against improper use or unauthorized modifications of this information. This information is for entertainment only. Sterlingwong assumes no liability for property damage or injury incurred as a result of any of the information contained in this video. Use this information at your own risk. Sterlingwong recommends safe practices when working on personal property , vehicles, and / or with tools seen or implied in this video. Due to factors beyond the control of Sterlingwong, no information contained in this video shall create any expressed or implied warranty or guarantee of any particular result. Any injury, damage, or loss that may result from improper use of these tools, equipment, or from the information contained in this video is the sole responsibility of the user and not Sterlingwong.
how to replace chevy volt battery, Absorbed Glass Mat, AGM, battery, 12 volt battery, chevy volt, chevy volt vlog, solar , 12 volt battery, agm for solar, hobby, man cave, chevy volt agm battery replacement, champion batteries, champion agm battery, agm battery deals, coupons, diy, car battery replacement, affordable agm battery, solar battery , backup power, 12 volt, acdelco , AC Delco AGM, acdelco 47P7YR , battery size H5 , battery size, Group 47 , 7 year battery, H5-600CHAGM