Honda Clarity Vlog 15 – A quick video on how to change the TRANSMISSION oil on my 2018 – 2021 Honda Clarity. This is part of the Service A0123 videos I made for my Road Tripping with Clare. It takes about 15 minutes to do this procedure with tools. I change my Honda Clarity when the Maintenance Minder notifies me or about every 50,000 miles on average. I saved me time and money (about $100+ ) from going to a dealership to do the transmission oil change.
Btw, my Youtube vlogs and reviews may also have associated affiliate links to products that may earn from qualifying purchases. For automotive care, check out my Amazon list. Visit: https://www.amazon.com/shop/sterlingw
Tools and materials:
- Car Ramps ( https://amzn.to/30fSndo )
- 17 mm Socket Wrench for the Drain plug – I use a dog bone wrench for years ( https://amzn.to/2ThQcVj )
- Oil Filter Wrench ( https://amzn.to/2QPBmDX ) or Jar Opener Rubber Strap Wrench (https://amzn.to/2QOt3bB )
- Oil Collection Pan ( https://amzn.to/35PH3G2 )
- Rags to check oil or spill coverage.
- Newspaper for coverage
- Gloves ( https://amzn.to/35PH5Oa )
- Eye Protection – Safety glasses ( https://amzn.to/37UURR8 )
- Flat head screw driver ( to remove undercar aero plate)
For the A013 oil Service i needed, service or replace the following:
- Change Transmission Fluid / Oil:
- 2.1 Quarts – 3 Bottles of Honda Automatic Transmission Fluid – ATF-DW1:
( https://amzn.to/3Hx0mrF )
- Honda Transmission Drain Plug Crusher Washer ( https://amzn.to/3uvRXkw )
- Change the Oil and Oil Filter:
- 3.5 qts of 0w-20 oil ( https://amzn.to/37SzQq8 )
- Honda oil filter (https://amzn.to/35GzjWP )
- Honda oil drain plug washer ( https://amzn.to/3a4pyW8 )
- Change the Honda Clarity engine air filter
- How to video: https://youtu.be/zr9hClb7tdE )
- Honda Clarity engine air filter part is Part # 17220-5WJ-A01 ( https://amzn.to/2D2rOy9 )
- Change the Honda Clarity In cabin Air filter: ( https://amzn.to/37V9cgl )
- Rotate Tires
- Check the fluid levels and check the chassis for any issues
HOW TO RESET Honda Maintenance Minder or Service Due notice:
- Go to the center infotainment screen
- Vehicle Settings.
- Maintenance Minder Information.
- Select Transmission or Reset All.
Thank you for visiting and supporting SterlingW Youtube Channel!
Thanks for watching! Like, Subscribe, Leave a comment, and click the Bell button!
Join me on Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/sterlingw8
Twitter: https://twitter.com/sterlingwong8 ( @sterlingwong8 )
This is what i do for entertainment and your viewing entertainment! Some of the stuff are entertaining, while some are just plain silly. If you do anything with your own property, you do so at your own risk.
Due to factors beyond the control of Sterlingwong, I cannot guarantee against improper use or unauthorized modifications of this information. This information is for entertainment only. Sterlingwong assumes no liability for property damage or injury incurred as a result of any of the information contained in this video. Use this information at your own risk. Sterlingwong recommends safe practices when working on personal property , vehicles, and / or with tools seen or implied in this video. Due to factors beyond the control of Sterlingwong, no information contained in this video shall create any expressed or implied warranty or guarantee of any particular result. Any injury, damage, or loss that may result from improper use of these tools, equipment, or from the information contained in this video is the sole responsibility of the user and not Sterlingwong.