HOW TO: CONDITION LEATHER – I kept my 15 Year old leather jacket from DRYING OUT and cracking by conditioning the leather every 8 – 12 months with Lexol All Leather Conditioner ( https://amzn.to/3FmqUKC ). I show you how I have been doing it for my trusty leather jacket.
Btw, my Youtube vlogs and reviews may also have associated affiliate links to products that may earn from qualifying purchases. For home stuff and other useful supplies, check out my Amazon list.
NOTE: If you love your leather jacket or apparel, then bring it to a professional leather cleaner to have it properly cleaned and conditioned. Use this info at your own risk. I have been conditioning my leather jacket for over 15 years, you should bring your jacket or leather to a professional.
The leather conditioner adds oils to the leather to keep it supple. After drying, the surface of the leather is not greasy. Its super easy to use and apply. It takes about a day or two completely dry after being absorbed by the leather. Keeping leather supple prevents leather from drying out and cracking.
- I usually clean my leather with a moist warm microfiber towel ( https://amzn.to/3DLP5l9) to wash off any dirt off the leather. I dont use soap. Just water. and dry off with microfiber towel.
- Let the leather surface is dry.
- Shake the Lexol All Leather Conditioner ( https://amzn.to/3FmqUKC ) well and apply to microfiber cloth.
- Test the conditioner on a small area hidden area of the leather to see if how the product reacts to the surface (color change, texture, smell). If test results are good, then continue.
- Shake to mix, and apply to towel.
- Work on one leather panel at a time for consistency.
- Wipe on a thin coat to let it absorb into the leather.
- Wipe off excess.
- After applying to entire piece, let dry and review for missing spots or extra dry or flexible leather areas (shoulders, under arm, pipping )that need conditioner for added suppleness.
- Review the next day if second or third coat is needed for color consistency or more leather suppleness.
Repeat every 6-12 months depending on leather condition.
Thank you for visiting and supporting SterlingW Youtube Channel!
Thanks for watching! Like, Subscribe, Leave a comment, and click the Bell button!
Join me on Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/sterlingw8
Twitter: https://twitter.com/sterlingwong8 ( @sterlingwong8 )
This is what i do for entertainment and your viewing entertainment! Some of the stuff are entertaining, while some are just plain silly. If you do anything with your own property, you do so at your own risk.
Due to factors beyond the control of Sterlingwong, I cannot guarantee against improper use or unauthorized modifications of this information. This information is for entertainment only. Sterlingwong assumes no liability for property damage or injury incurred as a result of any of the information contained in this video. Use this information at your own risk. Sterlingwong recommends safe practices when working on personal property , animals, pets, vehicles, and / or with tools seen or implied in this video. You should always check with your vet to all health matters with your pet and pet care. Due to factors beyond the control of Sterlingwong, no information contained in this video shall create any expressed or implied warranty or guarantee of any particular result. Any injury, damage, or loss that may result from improper use of these tools, equipment, or from the information contained in this video is the sole responsibility of the user and not Sterlingwong.